Saturday, March 18, 2006

Workshops...


3 minute drawing...


While at the workshop, I had a chance to glimpse at work by Jason Chan. I was really impressed. People say that he doesn't draw from the model much (or uses it for reference) - what's the big deal? Who cares? As long as Jason loves the work that he does, then doesn't that count? Art is for the individual and that individuals extension of their mind. Otherwise, why bother? Just take a photo and trace.

Too many artists with too many self objected opinions and throw in arrogance to boot... I really don't care. I consider my work to be not as good as others, and always seek improvements... but I seek it in my own way with my own discoveries. I believe that is why I still have the job that I do and why some people enjoy my work (PBS, KQED, and the folks down in L.A.).

So if people want to draw what they want, more power to them. That's the way it should be, no one else should tell you what to do or what you should be doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello dorkus! nice drawing. wheres the picture of me!?

-xiu

Anonymous said...

"too many artists" ..dude i know who you're talking about, dont be a puss, just call em out

akt said...

Nope, can't, because I respect my colleagues and their opinions. Who knows, maybe they're right, maybe I'm wrong.

We all go by what we think is right...